We are currently recruiting a Behaviour Analyst to work with our team to develop and implement evidence informed teaching, learning and behaviour support across the school.
Main duties will include:
- Working as part of a trans-disciplinary team to support the delivery of effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in all areas of school life as a result of trans-disciplinary working underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- Being responsible for conducting functional assessments and developing comprehensive function based Positive Behaviour Support plans and interventions to reduce behaviour that challenges and monitoring the effectiveness of these plans through development of robust data collection systems and analysis of the data.
- Using evidence-informed practices to develop personalised learning support.
- Conducting a range of assessments including assessment for learning, assessment of learning, admissions assessments, behavioural assessments and assessments of maintenance and generalisation.
- Preparing for and contributing to Person Centred Reviews.
- Working in partnership with parents, colleagues and other professionals to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
- Playing an active role in the school’s approach to Positive Handling, becoming a Team-Teach Trainer (training will be provided, however the candidate is required to be open to this training), and provide training, support and advice to all staff in Abbey School to ensure any use of restrictive intervention is used in accordance with the law and clear ethical values and embedded within comprehensive proactive plans to reduce restriction.
This is a permanent, full-time post and we are seeking a start date as soon as possible.
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery. A comprehensive training package will be provided for all staff.
How to apply
If you feel as though you have the right qualities to join our exciting, innovative and exceptional school then please read our recruitment pack and complete the school application form, available to download below.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 3rd May 2021
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by: Thursday 6th May 2021
Proposed interview date: Mornings of Wednesday 12th May and Thursday 13th May 2021
Completed application forms should be returned to [email protected] with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr. Katy Lee. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU.
Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.