KS3 SEND Classroom Teacher
Abbey School are dedicated to appointing the best possible candidate for the position of Key Stage 3 SEND class teacher. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to motivate and inspire pupils with complex special educational needs and a diagnosis of ASD and a PDA profile. They will break through the barriers of expectations and harness all opportunities to create a climate of success and achievement for all. The successful candidate will want to make a difference to the lives of the young people they support. They will be ready for a challenge and will bring with them a wealth of experience to engage, motivate and support pupils with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties and associated behaviours that challenge. They will be approachable and consistent and will give and earn respect from our pupils, staff, parents and carers.
This position is not suitable for NQT’s/ ECT’s
The purpose of this role includes:
- Planning, preparing and delivering learning activities to enable children and young people to enjoy learning, make progress and experience a sense of wellbeing;
- Creating a positive learning environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos as set out in its curriculum purpose statement;
- Leading a class team to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all children and young people;
- Assessing, recording and reporting progress for children and young people within the class;
- Preparing for and contributing to Person Centred Reviews, and;
- Working in partnership with parents, colleagues and other professionals to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
To learn more about this role please download our recruitment pack which includes a full job description and person specification. The ideal candidate must meet the essential criteria listed in the person specification.
If you feel as though you have the right qualities to join our exciting, innovative and exceptional school as a SEND Classroom Teacher then please complete the school application form, available to download below.
Completed application forms should be sent to email@example.com with a covering letter addressed to our Deputy Principal, Mrs Kelly Holloway. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
We invite and encourage all interested candidates to attend a show around. These will take place on Monday 21st November (2-3pm) and Thursday 24th November (4-5pm). Please contact our school office to confirm your attendance via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01244 960 000.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 28th November 2022
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by: Tuesday 29th November 2022
Interview date: Monday 5th December 2022
Start date: Tuesday 3rd January 2023
If you have not been contacted by the 29th November 2022 then please accept our thanks for your application however you will not have been selected for interview at this time.