Abbey School is an independent special school for children and young persons aged 4-19 years with autism whom may have additional learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge families and services.
We are currently seeking to appoint enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Learning Mentors who are committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability and their families.
About the role
This is a permanent, full-time post (term-time only), and we are seeking to appoint for a February 22nd 2021 start date.
The post holder will:
- Work as part of a class team, under the direction of the class teacher and trans-disciplinary colleagues, to deliver effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in all areas of school life underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- Create a positive learning environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos as set out in its curriculum purpose statement.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, delivering teaching, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Act as the key worker for one pupil, taking responsibility for coordinating their resources, monitoring their daily data, and advocating for them within team meetings.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
For further information please download the Recruitment Pack below which contains a detailed job description.
Why work for us?
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery. A comprehensive training package will be provided for all staff.
How to apply
If you feel as though you have the right qualities to join our exciting, innovative and exceptional school then please read our recruitment pack for further information.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 18th January 2021
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by: 9am Tuesday 19th January 2021
Proposed interview date: Wednesday 20th January 2021 via Microsoft Teams or Zoom
Completed application forms should be returned to [email protected] with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr Katy Lee. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU.
Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms. If you have not been contacted by Tuesday 19th January 2021 then please accept our thanks for your application but you will not have been selected for interview at this time.
For more information please visit www.abbeyschool.com