We are currently seeking to appoint motivated, proactive and hard-working Learning Mentors to join our team here at Abbey School.
This is a permanent, full-time post (term-time only), and we are seeking to appoint as soon as possible.
The post holder will:
- Work as part of a class team, under the direction of the class teacher and trans-disciplinary colleagues, to deliver effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in all areas of school life underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- Create a positive learning environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos as set out in its curriculum purpose statement.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, delivering teaching, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Act as the key worker for one pupil, taking responsibility for coordinating their resources, monitoring their daily data, and advocating for them within team meetings.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
For further information please download the recruitment pack below which contains a detailed job description and person specification.
Why work for us?
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery.
If you feel as though you have the right qualities to join our exciting, innovative and exceptional school then please read our recruitment pack which includes a detailed job description and person specification, and complete the school application form, available to download below.
Please complete an application form as soon as possible. Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr Katy Lee. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
Applicants shortlisted for interview will be asked to complete an in-tray task prior to interview.