We are recruiting Learning Mentor roles to support our exceptional pupils from September 2020.
The post-holder will:
- Work as part of a class team, under the direction of the class teacher and trans-disciplinary colleagues, to deliver effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in all areas of school life underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- Creating a positive learning environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos as set out in its curriculum purpose statement.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, delivering teaching, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Act as the key worker for one pupil, taking responsibility for coordinating their resources, monitoring their daily data, and advocating for them within team meetings.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
This is a permanent, full-time post (term-time only), 35 hours per week, and we are seeking to appoint for a September 2020 start with the first intake of Key Stage 4 and Sixth Form pupils starting in January 2021.
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery. A comprehensive training package will be provided for all staff.
If you share our belief in changing lives for the better and are compelled by our vision of developing a school for exceptional children, which is the very best of its kind in the United Kingdom, then we want to hear from you. Please read our Recruitment Pack and complete the school application form, available to download below.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 13th July 2020
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by: Friday 17th July 2020
Proposed interview date: commencing Monday 20th July 2020
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr Katy Lee. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 12 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU, however due to staff currently working from home and postal delays, emailed applications are preferred. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
If you have not been contacted by Friday 17th July 2020 then please accept our thanks for your application but you will not have been selected for interview at this time.