Occupational Therapist - Band 5/6
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive Occupational Therapist who is an outstanding practitioner and is committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability and their families.
This is a permanent, full-time post, and we are seeking to appoint for a September 2020 start with the first intake of Key Stage 4 and Sixth Form pupils starting in January 2021.
The post-holder will:
- Provide occupational therapy support to children and young people aged 4-19 with complex autism, learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge, within a day and residential special school setting.
- Work as part of a trans-disciplinary team ensuring each pupil’s needs are understood, accurately planned for and closely monitored.
- Advise members of the teaching team in relation to pupils’ development to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
- Provide both direct and indirect therapy for individuals and groups of pupils.
- Provide advice and support to Abbey School social care staff for residential pupils.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
For further information please download our recruitment pack which contains details of the job description and person specification.
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery. A comprehensive training package will be provided for all staff.
If you share our belief in changing lives for the better and are compelled by our vision of developing a school for exceptional children, which is the very best of its kind in the United Kingdom, then we want to hear from you. Please read our recruitment pack and complete the school application form, available to download below.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 17th August 2020
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by: Friday 21st August 2020
Proposed interview date: Week commencing Monday 24th August 2020
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr Katy Lee. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 12 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU, however due to staff currently working from home and postal delays, emailed applications are preferred. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
Applicants shortlisted for interview will be asked to complete an in-tray task which should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to interview.
If you have not been contacted by Friday 21st August 2020 then please accept our thanks for your application but you will not have been selected for interview at this time.