We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive Occupational Therapist who is an outstanding practitioner and is committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability, and their families.
We are looking to recruit a permanent, full-time post. The salary advertised in the job description, available to read in the recruitment pack below, is £24,907 – £38,900 dependent on experience.
We also welcome interest from Locum OT’s and if you wish to discuss your availability of hours, which do not need to equate to full time hours, please call 01244 960 000 at your earliest convenience and ask to speak to Miss Becky Spruce.
The post-holder will:
- Provide occupational therapy support to children and young people aged 4-19 with autism whom may have additional learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge, within a day and residential special school setting.
- Work as part of a trans-disciplinary team ensuring each pupil’s needs are understood, accurately planned for and closely monitored.
- Advise members of the teaching team in relation to pupils’ development to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
- Provide both direct and indirect therapy for individuals and groups of pupils.
- Provide advice and support to Abbey School social care staff for residential pupils.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery.
If you share our belief in changing lives for the better and are compelled by our vision of developing a school for exceptional children, then we want to hear from you. Please read our recruitment pack which contains details of the job description and person specification, and complete the school application form, available to download below.
Please complete an application form as soon as possible and send it with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr Katy Lee, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
Applicants shortlisted for interview will be asked to complete an in-tray task prior to interview.