Our team at Abbey School is growing and we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive Occupational Therapist to work alongside our full-time Occupational Therapist. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding practitioner who is committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability, and their families.
This is a permanent, full-time post, and we are seeking to appoint for a start date as soon as possible.
The post-holder will:
- Provide occupational therapy support to children and young people aged 4-19 with complex autism, learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge, within a day and residential special school setting.
- Work as part of a trans-disciplinary team ensuring each pupil’s needs are understood, accurately planned for and closely monitored.
- Advise members of the teaching team in relation to pupils’ development to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
- Provide both direct and indirect therapy for individuals and groups of pupils.
- Provide advice and support to Abbey School social care staff for residential pupils.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
For further information please download our recruitment pack which contains details of the job description and person specification.
If you would like to discuss our Occupational Therapist opportunity, or if you would like to learn more about the school, please call Becky on 01244 960 000.
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Dr Katy Lee. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
Applicants shortlisted for interview will be asked to complete an in-tray task prior to interview.