Residential Support Worker
Our brand new residential provision, Abbey Green, accommodates children with autism who may have additional learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge, and who require a residential placement that offers 24/7 support. Abbey Green will accommodate up to 30 children aged 8-19 years, providing a high standard of accommodation and support that extends our school-based learning through a waking-day curriculum of fun-filled activity, at home and in the community.
We are currently seeking to appoint multiple enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Residential Support Workers who are committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability and their families.
The role of residential support worker involves fully supporting the daily needs of our young people to deliver the highest quality of care to those who reside in Abbey Green Residential Setting.
This is a permanent, full-time post and we are seeking to appoint for a start date as soon as possible.
The post holder will:
- Work holistically as part of a team with education staff and families to plan, practice and collect evidence of progress within the 24-hour extended curriculum.
- Create a positive environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Act as the key worker for one pupil, taking responsibility for coordinating their resources, monitoring their daily data, and advocating for them within team meetings.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
For further information please download the Recruitment Pack below which contains a detailed job description and person specification.
Why work for us?
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery.
How to apply
If you feel as though you have the right qualities to join our exciting, innovative and exceptional school then please download our Application Form below.
Please complete an application form as soon as possible. Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter addressed to the Residential Care Manager, Miss Dawn Kervin. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
Applicants shortlisted for interview will be asked to complete a timed in-tray task prior to interview.