SEND Classroom Teacher
During this exciting period of growth we now require additional teachers to join our team. If you are a suitably qualified individual with a passion for SEND who aligns with our vision and values please do not hesitate to contact us.
This position is not suitable for NQT’s/ ECT’s.
The purpose of this role includes:
- Planning, preparing and delivering learning activities to enable children and young people to enjoy learning, make progress and experience a sense of wellbeing;
- Creating a positive learning environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos as set out in its curriculum purpose statement;
- Leading a class team to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all children and young people;
- Assessing, recording and reporting progress for children and young people within the class;
- Preparing for and contributing to Person Centred Reviews, and;
- Working in partnership with parents, colleagues and other professionals to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
To learn more about this role please download our recruitment pack which includes a full job description and person specification. The ideal candidate must meet the essential criteria listed in the person specification.
If you feel as though you have the right qualities to join our exciting, innovative and exceptional school as a SEND Classroom Teacher then please complete the school application form, available to download below.
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter addressed tour Deputy Principal, Mrs Kelly Holloway. Alternatively, application forms with covering letters can be sent by post to Abbey School, 10-11 Abbey Square, Chester, CH1 2HU. Please be advised that we only accept fully completed application forms.
We invite and encourage all interested candidates to attend a show around. These will take place on Monday 14th November (2-3pm) and Tuesday 15th November (4-5pm). Please contact our school office to confirm your attendance via email@example.com or by calling 01244 960 000.
Closing date for applications: 9am Wednesday 16th November 2022
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by: Friday 18th November 2022
Interview dates: Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd November 2022
Start date: Tuesday 3rd January 2023 and Monday 27th February 2023
If you have not been contacted by 21st November 2022 then please accept our thanks for your application however you will not have been selected for interview at this time.